kraftykoyness

17 April 2006

relax your fingers

You all may uncross your fingers now! I just accepted my first teaching job! Yeah! I just have to be approved by the board of education tonight, but I think that is just a formality. I will be signing my life away in a contract this week, kind of scary. This all went soooo quick, they actually called me the afternoon of my interview to basically offer me the job. I was on an emotional roller coaster for a few days there, but now have come back down to earth. Now we might have to get our butts in gear to plan a wedding this summer, especially if we are going to be living apart for a while. It will be nice to finally start doing what I have been working so hard towards, and to be doing it at a place where I felt comfortable as soon as I walked in the door. I get to teach all sorts of classes that are going to be great too - child development and parenting, consumerism, intro foods, family relationships, and (the one I'm most excited about) housing and interior design! It feels kind of strange that I accepted this job without really waiting for any other districts to even interview me, but it just felt so right. I am ready for change, I think we are ready for change. Now the apartment search and packing/organizing begins.

On another note, it was great to catch up with old friends last week. They have a funky house (with a hot tub), a sweet puppy, and are very generous hosts. (I should have had that fortune cookie!) The good thing is that I will be seeing a lot more of them in the future. Thanks again for everything you guys, and I will be seeing you soon!

1 Comments:

  • mmmm hot tub!!! congradulations, sounds perfect for you!

    By Blogger moldlog, at 5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home